Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's been a busy, busy day.

Today we have been going non-stop it feels like. While visiting with Neil and Echo yesterday - they both said to pick their apples and pears as they won't use them. So Russell and I picked what we could reach. (I mean Russell picked what he could reach.) I wouldn't be able to reach much of any thing - even on a ladder the trees were so tall.
After dropping off Donovan and Christopher for a Boy Scout hike and running to the library to protest an overdue book (found later today at the library - whew!) I came home to work on apples. I got 7 qts of applesauce!
While the apples were cooking to get soft - I picked green beans and Russell picked peas and zucchini. I got 6 pints of green beans done today too! I figured since I had the canners out - I would go ahead and take care of the dry black beans sitting on the counter. So....I canned 5 qts and 1 pint of black beans as well.
After dinner I also made homemade noodles to go with the chicken soup for dinner tomorrow. The french bread is in the oven. That way - when we get home from church I just have to heat up the soup and we can eat!
I got one load of laundry done and read the little boys a bed time story. My time with them at the end of the day. They were busy playing ALL day long and didn't have to visit with me. I didn't hear any squabbles from them at all. I think they cherish their play time more now that school has started. :)

2 comments:

Eileen said...

busy busy busy you! just think how wonderful it will be this winter, though, to pay a trip to the pantry and know you have fresh yummy foods to eat. hugs...ellie (who's not feeling very verbose right now)

Wiltbank Family said...

I just don't know how you get it all done. I can't keep up with you. I had Macie help me with corn, we froze 22 bags and I was tired just from that!! Keep up the good work! Rachel

I just love this picture! The beach...it's the place to be!

I just love this picture!  The beach...it's the place to be!
I think this was in 2004. It was Nephi's first trip to the beach. The boys were all so little! My have they grown.

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace
It all started for us when Russell left for Cape Town South Africa on a mission. Candace felt inspired to write him - so she did! We wrote for 3 1/2 years. Candace came home from her mission to the Texas Houston East Mission and we dated for 5 months. We married in July 1994 and have been happy ever after!

Son 1...Donovan

Son 1...Donovan
Our 14 year old boy scouter, 50 miler bike rider, cartoon drawer, computer gamer, book reader, clarinet player, babysitter, 8th grader boy!

Son 2...Christopher

Son 2...Christopher
Our 13 year old, boy scouter, harry potter computer gamer, lego creator, imaginator, book reader, 6th grader boy!

Son 3...Michael

Son 3...Michael
Our 9 1/2 year old drama king, perfectionist (I wonder if he gets that from mom? lol), drawer of many things, 3rd grader boy!

Son 4...Nephi

Son 4...Nephi
Our8 year old keeper of surprises, leg breaker, book listener, lego creator, music enjoyer, 1st grader boy!