Monday, May 4, 2009

experiments....

Remember that experiment a couple posts back? I have decided to throw in the towel. The experiment was washing my hair with baking soda and rinsing with apple cider vinegar instead of shampoo. It worked great for the first week or so. My hair felt really soft and nice. But since my hair is permed - I noticed it the curl is going flat in the front. I don't know if it is from the baking soda or the vinegar - but I do know it didn't do that with shampoo. So back to shampoo I go. I like my perm and want it to be around for a while longer.

Now I am off to take care of 25 or so pounds of chicken. It is 99 cents/lb at Fred Meyers this week! Who cares if I have to take off the skin! I will cut off a good portion of the breast meat to either freeze separately or can and make chicken stock out of the meat left on the bone.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I tried that a few times. I didn't really like how it worked for me either. I have the hardest time finding a shampoo that I like. I have a flaky head that so many stylists say is not dandruff, but dry scalp. I've tried so many moisturizing things it is crazy. Several weeks ago, I decided that my scalp must be really sensitive just like my skin, right? So maybe I need some kind of sensitive shampoo. So I've been in search of some kind of sensitive shampoo. I found one a few days ago at Whole Foods. It is fragrance free along with being free of several other things too. So far so good. I'm hoping it will help. We'll see.

I just love this picture! The beach...it's the place to be!

I just love this picture!  The beach...it's the place to be!
I think this was in 2004. It was Nephi's first trip to the beach. The boys were all so little! My have they grown.

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace
It all started for us when Russell left for Cape Town South Africa on a mission. Candace felt inspired to write him - so she did! We wrote for 3 1/2 years. Candace came home from her mission to the Texas Houston East Mission and we dated for 5 months. We married in July 1994 and have been happy ever after!

Son 1...Donovan

Son 1...Donovan
Our 14 year old boy scouter, 50 miler bike rider, cartoon drawer, computer gamer, book reader, clarinet player, babysitter, 8th grader boy!

Son 2...Christopher

Son 2...Christopher
Our 13 year old, boy scouter, harry potter computer gamer, lego creator, imaginator, book reader, 6th grader boy!

Son 3...Michael

Son 3...Michael
Our 9 1/2 year old drama king, perfectionist (I wonder if he gets that from mom? lol), drawer of many things, 3rd grader boy!

Son 4...Nephi

Son 4...Nephi
Our8 year old keeper of surprises, leg breaker, book listener, lego creator, music enjoyer, 1st grader boy!