Friday, March 19, 2010

A perfect day for a beach trip to Pacific City!

Today was the first day of our Spring Break! Can't you tell...the weather was gorgeous! Beautiful blue skies and warm weather. Am I really at the Oregon coast? I took the boys on an adventure today. We went down to Pacific City since we've never been. We had a blast!

There is a gigantic sand dune there. Donovan informed us all about it. He has been here before with a school outing. He told the younger boys it would take them hours and hours to get to the top. They believed him.

The white dots are Donovan and Chris. Michael is in red and Nephi in blue.
The dots...um....I mean boys...are at the top or almost there now! I zoomed in so I could see the boys.

Running down. See the two kids crawling up? That's what Nephi did the whole way. It's a really steep sand dune.

Here they come! I do believe Michael is carrying a stick. Just what I don't want to see. A boy of mine running pell mell down a sand dune. I can just see the impaling of the stick into his body. Can you? Once he reached me I took it away.

Here comes Donovan!

Nephi taking his sweet time. I think he is coming down with something. Hasn't been feeling well the past couple days.

Michael pelting down the hill again! Without the beforementioned stick.

Nephi is getting closer!

Checking out one of many tide pools. This beach is really cool! It's only 25 minutes or so from our house!

So far...sand dunes, tide pools and now this! Check out the wonderful colors on these rocks! WOW! Boys and rocks go great together.

Nephi and his climbing skills.

Donovan.

I asked someone to take a family picture. I am OCD about stuff like that. I want to be able to look back at the fun times we had with ME in the picture!

Checking out the rocks and tide pools. The water was off limits. Too cold.

And the tide was coming in.


Nephi's face says how he is feeling.

Yay! More rocks to climb!

Hello Michael and Donovan! You can come down now....the way you went up would be preferrable.

There was even this rock. It had little grooves in it for climbing I am guessing. That's what my boys used it for anyway. This beach had everything beachy!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Awesome pics! It's amazing how big the boys have gotten/how fast they've grown!

The Dutton's said...

Looks so fun! Wish I were there!

I just love this picture! The beach...it's the place to be!

I just love this picture!  The beach...it's the place to be!
I think this was in 2004. It was Nephi's first trip to the beach. The boys were all so little! My have they grown.

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace
It all started for us when Russell left for Cape Town South Africa on a mission. Candace felt inspired to write him - so she did! We wrote for 3 1/2 years. Candace came home from her mission to the Texas Houston East Mission and we dated for 5 months. We married in July 1994 and have been happy ever after!

Son 1...Donovan

Son 1...Donovan
Our 14 year old boy scouter, 50 miler bike rider, cartoon drawer, computer gamer, book reader, clarinet player, babysitter, 8th grader boy!

Son 2...Christopher

Son 2...Christopher
Our 13 year old, boy scouter, harry potter computer gamer, lego creator, imaginator, book reader, 6th grader boy!

Son 3...Michael

Son 3...Michael
Our 9 1/2 year old drama king, perfectionist (I wonder if he gets that from mom? lol), drawer of many things, 3rd grader boy!

Son 4...Nephi

Son 4...Nephi
Our8 year old keeper of surprises, leg breaker, book listener, lego creator, music enjoyer, 1st grader boy!