Sunday, March 15, 2009

Transplanting my little seedlings...

Let me start off by saying I downloaded the pictures in order. Apparently downloading has a mind of it's own because this is the order I got for sharing.

Let me clarify - this is the end result so scroll down for the beginning. I set these out in my toy room and will only add water to the trays. I will keep doing this until the plants need to be transplanted again - which might happen depending on the weather. Eventually they will make it outdoors. Just not in the month of March. I have zinnias, marigolds, tomatoes, eggplant and bell peppers here. I am so excited!

I add the seedlings. The ones on the right have had potting soil added. The ones on the left will have potting soil added.

I fill the yogurt cups about 1/3 way full with potting soil.

I have here my little seedlings I started back in February. They needed to be transplanted desperately. I save my little yogurt containers and poke 4 holes in the bottoms so they can soak up water from the trays they will be sitting in.

3 comments:

Sticky said...

You rock! How organized and thoughtful are you? I am so jealous. Will you come to my house and help me organize my life?

Sheri said...

When you upload your pictures you need to go to the html view and cut and paste. The pictures always load at the top and then you have to move them around or start from the end of your blog and go backwards!

Sharona said...

The pinewood derby looks like it had a really great turnout! And those little transplants look brilliant! I now have 20 strawberry plants that need to be planted...they are starters only and I'm afraid I will kill them.

I also have bell pepper seeds and a few other plants, wish me luck!

I just love this picture! The beach...it's the place to be!

I just love this picture!  The beach...it's the place to be!
I think this was in 2004. It was Nephi's first trip to the beach. The boys were all so little! My have they grown.

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace
It all started for us when Russell left for Cape Town South Africa on a mission. Candace felt inspired to write him - so she did! We wrote for 3 1/2 years. Candace came home from her mission to the Texas Houston East Mission and we dated for 5 months. We married in July 1994 and have been happy ever after!

Son 1...Donovan

Son 1...Donovan
Our 14 year old boy scouter, 50 miler bike rider, cartoon drawer, computer gamer, book reader, clarinet player, babysitter, 8th grader boy!

Son 2...Christopher

Son 2...Christopher
Our 13 year old, boy scouter, harry potter computer gamer, lego creator, imaginator, book reader, 6th grader boy!

Son 3...Michael

Son 3...Michael
Our 9 1/2 year old drama king, perfectionist (I wonder if he gets that from mom? lol), drawer of many things, 3rd grader boy!

Son 4...Nephi

Son 4...Nephi
Our8 year old keeper of surprises, leg breaker, book listener, lego creator, music enjoyer, 1st grader boy!