Saturday, July 18, 2009

Inspiration can be frustration!

As mentioned in the previous post - Russell is gone for 8 days. About 45 minutes after he left I felt I needed to check the trunk of the red car - to do what I am not sure. Well upon searching and searching for my car key to this car - it is nowhere to be found. We said a prayer. I took apart my purse, scout bag, church bag, looked under the bed, in the kitchen, cleaned off a counter, checked all coat pockets, all pants pockets and looked under my desk and on top of it as well. Nada.
So....
I called Brother Mabe. He is in our ward and does locks and keys. He said he would be right over. It would have been fine to have to stay home all week - but then I got to thinking if something happened to me or one of the boys I wouldn't have a way to get to the dr. (see yesterday's post about busted teeth.)
$35 later got me two car keys. One I promptly added to my key ring with the van key. The other is put away for when one of us needs a spare. Most likely me. Cuz that's murphy's law.
Lesson - always listen to inspiration. Even if it sounds corny and out of the ordinary. If I hadn't searched for my keys today - it would have been right before we would have left for church tomorrow. We wouldn't have been able to go. :( Our answer to our prayer today was Brother Mabe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness we have a locksmith in the ward. I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

I just love this picture! The beach...it's the place to be!

I just love this picture!  The beach...it's the place to be!
I think this was in 2004. It was Nephi's first trip to the beach. The boys were all so little! My have they grown.

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace
It all started for us when Russell left for Cape Town South Africa on a mission. Candace felt inspired to write him - so she did! We wrote for 3 1/2 years. Candace came home from her mission to the Texas Houston East Mission and we dated for 5 months. We married in July 1994 and have been happy ever after!

Son 1...Donovan

Son 1...Donovan
Our 14 year old boy scouter, 50 miler bike rider, cartoon drawer, computer gamer, book reader, clarinet player, babysitter, 8th grader boy!

Son 2...Christopher

Son 2...Christopher
Our 13 year old, boy scouter, harry potter computer gamer, lego creator, imaginator, book reader, 6th grader boy!

Son 3...Michael

Son 3...Michael
Our 9 1/2 year old drama king, perfectionist (I wonder if he gets that from mom? lol), drawer of many things, 3rd grader boy!

Son 4...Nephi

Son 4...Nephi
Our8 year old keeper of surprises, leg breaker, book listener, lego creator, music enjoyer, 1st grader boy!