Saturday, August 23, 2008

waking up....hour after hour after hour....

Nephi was doing so good for a couple of nights. Last night he woke up an hour after I went to bed. I got up to help him. A couple hours later he woke up again because his leg (in the cast) was itching. I had him come to our room and sleep in a comfy sleeping bag and I laid down beside him so I could rub his back and both of us fall back asleep. About an hour later Russell woke up and woke me up to come back to bed. About 2 hours later Nephi woke up again because his leg was itching again. Then it was time to get up to take Donovan at 5:30 a.m. to his scoutmaster's house. There was a make up 50 mile bike hike this morning for boys who couldn't go last Saturday. Donovan wanted to go for fun. I came home at 6 a.m. and looked online for a bit for a new hairstyle. I am getting my hair cut Monday morning and I am excited! I fell asleep on the couch about 6:45 a.m. for a couple of hours. I would still be asleep except Christopher was yelling at Michael about something he thought Michael should be doing.

How was your sleep last night?

3 comments:

Eileen said...

i'm so sorry, dear. poor you! i can relate to nephi, though, and the itchies (my itchies are coming from the inside, not the skin surface - so it's kind of like being stuck in a cast) - and how they're so frustrating they make you want to cry. at least you managed to get a few hours of rest, though (although it surely wasn't enough). maybe you can take it a bit easy today (well as easy as a mum can take it with a family to care for). excellent re the haircut - but please don't look to piccies of me for inspiration. this bald look is way too hard to keep up (seriously - i don't know how guys who intentionally shave their heads deal with it - there might not be any shampooing or hair care products involved - but there is razoring and conditioning and all kinds of other annoying things) - and i'm a "wash, shake and go" kinda person (or am i a dog in human clothes :-). feel good, take care and hugs! ellie

Carrie said...

You asked Candace! Last night I got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep! How's that!?! Riven was sick...fever and stuff. But while I was up I sure got a lot of cleaning done! Why am I still up right now??? It's 10:08 pm. Gnite!

Candace said...

Well I hope Riven slept better tonight! Want to come clean my house? lol

I just love this picture! The beach...it's the place to be!

I just love this picture!  The beach...it's the place to be!
I think this was in 2004. It was Nephi's first trip to the beach. The boys were all so little! My have they grown.

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace

Meet the Parents...Russell and Candace
It all started for us when Russell left for Cape Town South Africa on a mission. Candace felt inspired to write him - so she did! We wrote for 3 1/2 years. Candace came home from her mission to the Texas Houston East Mission and we dated for 5 months. We married in July 1994 and have been happy ever after!

Son 1...Donovan

Son 1...Donovan
Our 14 year old boy scouter, 50 miler bike rider, cartoon drawer, computer gamer, book reader, clarinet player, babysitter, 8th grader boy!

Son 2...Christopher

Son 2...Christopher
Our 13 year old, boy scouter, harry potter computer gamer, lego creator, imaginator, book reader, 6th grader boy!

Son 3...Michael

Son 3...Michael
Our 9 1/2 year old drama king, perfectionist (I wonder if he gets that from mom? lol), drawer of many things, 3rd grader boy!

Son 4...Nephi

Son 4...Nephi
Our8 year old keeper of surprises, leg breaker, book listener, lego creator, music enjoyer, 1st grader boy!